Covers you for 1 year with unlimited vehicle miles, after the expiration of the 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid only in the U.S.A. including Puerto Rico) for a total of 5 years and unlimited vehicle miles. 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance is included.
Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle's coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.
The Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan provides specific coverage against defects in material and workmanship; this plan is not a maintenance program or an extension of the original 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid in U.S.A. including Puerto Rico). There are various items that are not covered by these warranties, which are explained below.
For Certified Pre-Owned vehicles retailed on or after January 1, 2014, the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan is not transferrable except within the BMW authorized dealer network or subject to the conditions expressed below.
Not Covered By Plan
The BMW Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan and the BMW Certified Elite Protection Plan provide specific coverage against defects in materials and workmanship. There are various items that aren’t covered by these warranties for enrolled vehicles retailed on or after January 1, 2014.
- Vehicle Maintenance: brake pads and rotors (discs), brake shoes and drums, filters, fluid replacement of a component by itself, scheduled maintenance services, spark plugs, wiper blade inserts and blade assemblies/beams.
- Upkeep Adjustments: batteries (as a stand-alone repair), driveshaft flex disc (guibo coupling), engine drive belts, exhaust systems (including the gasoline engine catalytic converters, the diesel engine “SCR” catalytic converter and particulate filter), flywheel, ring gear and clutch disc contact area, fuses, manual and “SMG” transmission clutch assemblies, oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolant (except as required in the course of performing a covered repair), rubber engine and heater coolant hoses, vacuum hoses (including clamps and connectors), tires, tire balancing and rotation, and wheel alignment.
- Suspension: ball joints, bushings, center tie rod, coil springs – sagging (except for leveling system pneumatic/hydraulic springs), control arms and brackets, idler and pitman arms, stabilizer bar links and supports, strut elements/shock absorbers (dampers), tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves, trailing arms, thrust struts and wishbones.
- Body Air: leaks, body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts, body panels, body shell, walls, partitions and chassis sheet metal, body noises, squeaks and rattles, body seals and gaskets, bulbs – incandescent, Xenon and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components), damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination, door brakes and checks, door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components), exterior moulding, trim and fasteners, gas pressurized springs/struts, glass – side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components), latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except for electrical/electronic components), paint finish, water leaks, wheels and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic components), windscreen (including the sliding roof), windshield (except for the front rain sensor) and wind noises.
- Interior: bulbs – incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster), carpeting, floor and trunk mats, headliner/sliding roof liner panel, interior noises, squeaks and rattles, interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders), seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components), sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components), sun visors (except for electrical/electronic components) and upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).
- Accessories (Standard and Optional): all non-original equipment parts, components and accessories.
Transfer Of Limited Warranty
All supporting documentation (see checklist below) must be submitted via mail to: BMW of North America, LLC, Attn: CPO Department; 300 Chestnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
- Required: Copy of documentation evidencing change of ownership and mileage at time of sale.*
- Required: Notarized Seller Statement affirming the vehicle is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
- Required: $200 warranty transfer fee, check payable to BMW of North America, LLC. Acceptable documentation includes a bill of sale and/or copy of title application.
The vehicle must meet current BMW Certified Pre-Owned guidelines for transfer eligibility:
- Vehicle must have originally been sold as Certified Pre-Owned on or after January 1, 2014.
- At time of proposed transfer, the BMW CPO Limited Warranty must be in effect, that is, the vehicle is within age and mileage limits.
- Vehicle must not have been totaled, stolen, exported from the U.S., or imported to the U.S. from another country.
- The BMW CPO Limited Warranty is only eligible to be transferred from private owner to private owner and transfer must be requested by the buyer of the CPO vehicle. Dealership participation is excluded.
- Transfer application must be submitted by the Certified Pre-Owned buyer within 60 days of vehicle sale. BMW of North America, LLC reserves the right to refuse transfer in the case of fraud, abuse, failure to meet transfer guidelines, or if the appropriate documentation is not submitted.
*All forms and supporting documentation must be received no later than sixty(60) days after change of ownership. Please retain copies for your records. Contact your authorized BME dealership or BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-831-1117, if you have any questions.
Why should you buy a Certified Pre-Owned BMW from Vista BMW Coconut Creek?
- Certification Process: In order for a BMW to become Certified Pre-Owned, it goes through a comprehensive certification process that includes rigorous criteria and meticulously performed procedures. And to even be eligible, it must be a late-year model with no more than 60,000 miles on the odometer.
- Warranty: The Ultimate Driving Machine deserves the Ultimate Protection Plan. Every Certified Pre-Owned BMW comes with a protection plan designed to give you the ultimate peace-of-mind. All Certified Pre-Owned BMW vehicles are exceptional, as are our two tiers of Certification:
- BMW Certified Pre-Owned: Covers you for 2 years/50,000 miles* whichever comes first, after the expiration of the 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty for a total of 6 years/100,000 miles.* This includes up to 6 years of 24/7 Roadside Assistance and BMW Assist™ Emergency Call, which includes automatic collision notification, and TeleService.
- BMW Certified Pre-Owned Elite: These are newer model year, lower mileage (more than 300 miles but less than 15,001 miles) vehicles. This warranty covers you for 1 year/25,000 miles* after the expiration of the 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty or for a total of 5 years/75,000 miles.* For Certified Pre-Owned vehicles retailed on or after January 1, 2014, up to 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance and BMW AssistTM Emergency Call, which includes Automatic Collision Notification, and TeleService are included.
The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan and the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Elite Protection Plan provide specific coverage against defects in material and workmanship; the plan is not a Maintenance Program or an extension of the original 4-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty. There are various items that are not covered by these warranties.
*Whichever comes first. See your BMW Advisor for details.
BMW Roadside Assistance: From a dead battery or lat tire, to lock-out service, towing service and emergency valet service, BMW Roadside Assistance provides you on-the-road assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year — even when someone else is driving your BMW. Also, BMW Roadside Assistance service representatives are always on hand to provide you with free, easy-to-read maps and directions.
And for even greater peace of mind, BMW Certified Pre-Owned vehicles come with BMW Assist™ Emergency Call feature, which includes automatic collision notification and TeleService for the duration of Certification.
Finance and Special Offers: BMWSF and BMWFS Financial Services provides you with attractive financing options. And right now, you can also choose between two exceptional offers on any Certified Pre-Owned BMW.